Shared Equity and Permanent Affordability
This workshop will explain shared equity programs, and how incorporating shared equity provisions into SHIP strategies can more effectively expand and preserve the affordable housing stock. We will cover the philosophy, mechanics, and best practices for shared equity programs with emphasis on permanent affordability using community land trusts. Presenters will address key topics such as resale restrictions, local government disposition of surplus lands, lending for shared equity programs, and recordkeeping. Participants will also learn about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s Duty to Serve Rule, effective January 2018, which applies to shared equity affordable housing.
Who should attend?
· Local government housing administrators
· Community partners
· Elected officials and Affordable Housing Advisory Committee members
· Nonprofit housing staff
· Purpose and philosophy of shared equity
· Three main shared equity models
· Factors for resale restrictions and resale price calculations
· Shared equity and SHIP strategies
· Role of surplus land in supporting shared equity and permanent affordability
· Support of shared equity by lending community
This workshop is sponsored by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s Affordable Housing Catalyst Program and Facilitated by the Florida Housing Coalition.
Upon completion of this training each participant will receive a certificate of completion