Running a Successful Rehabilitation Program
The rehabilitation process requires housing administrators and their staff to work with homeowners, contractors, building inspectors, local officials and funders. Understanding each of these groups and learning to work with them helps to avoid some of the problems that are commonly encountered in rehabilitation programs. This workshop will walk through the steps involved in the rehabilitation program process, address weaknesses in rehabilitation programs and best practices to improve your program.
Who Should Attend?
· Rehabilitation Inspectors
· Construction Management Staff
· Rehabilitation staff
· Housing Program Administrators
· Non-profits sponsor and sub recipients involved in Rehabilitation Programs
· Program design
· The Home Inspection Process
· Working with homeowners and contractors
· Finding a good inspector
· Reducing change orders
· The importance of work write-ups and specifications
· Written Agreements
· Handling disputes
· Warranties and guarantee
This workshop is sponsored by the Florida Housing Finance Corporation’s Affordable Housing Catalyst Program and Facilitated by the Florida Housing Coalition.
Upon completion of this training each participant will receive a certificate of completion